Below is helpful information for fitting, sewing and finishing your Fit for Art garments. Follow the links to Jacket Help, Pants Help, Knits Help or Kids’ Jacket Help for tips specific to those patterns.
- Seam Finishes (PDF) provides written directions on how to finish seams for pants or an unlined jacket.
- Sewing Resources offers our recommendations for books and other publications to help you improve your sewing or to find answers to other questions.
- Rain or Shine Variations lists resources for zippers and sewing performance textiles.
- Choosing an Interfacing is your guide to choosing the right interfacing for your project.
- Rae’s Hand Hemming Stitch (PDF) provides illustrated instructions for Rae’s favorite hand hemming stitch.
- Sarah’s Tips for Sewing, Tapering and Pressing a Dart (PDF) offers instructions for making smooth and beautiful darts.
- Spend some time with the Strategic Sewing and Fitting Questionnaire if you are planning your wardrobe sewing.
- Watch the videos of Rae’s appearances on Creative Living in which she talks with Sheryl Borden about Seam Finishes and Zipper Choices and Applications.