We encourage you to shop with Fit for Art’s bricks and mortar retail partners. If they don’t carry one of the patterns you are interested in purchasing, please let them know. If you don’t find a retail store in your area on this list, we welcome your suggestions.
We also welcome inquiries from local sewing retailers to purchase Fit for Art’s patterns through our wholesale program.
Scroll down to access the list of tools and equipment recommended at the 2022 H and H sewing show.
The Confident Stitch, Missoula, MT 59802 Check out their Swatch Service!
A Fabric Place, Baltimore, MD 21209
Artistic Artifacts, Alexandria, VA 22304
Bear’s Paw Fabrics, Towson, MD 21212
Capital Quilts, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
Danner’s Bernina Shoppe, Hanover, PA 17331
Glory Bee’s Sewing Center, Fallston, MD 21047
Tomorrow’s Treasures, Crofton, MD 21114
Pins & Needles, Middleburg Heights, OH
Klassy Katz Fabric Shop, Bartlett, TN 38134
Sew Suite Studio, Summerville, SC 29485
Kathy’s Quilt Studio, Titusville, FL 32780
Thimbles Quilts, Lockport, IL 60441
Quilter’s Dream, Andover, United Kingdom
In addition, these retailers carry the Tabula Rasa Jacket pattern at retail sewing and quilt shows:
Cherrywood Fabrics, Baxter, MN 56425
Laura Murray Designs, Minneapolis, MN 55417
Tools Needed for Garment Sewing
Basic Sewing Tools
- Seam ripper, at least one
- Sheers, large and small
- Rotary cutter and cutting mat
- Fine sewing pins, not too long
- Pin containers like pin cushions, wrist pin cushions, magnetic pin wants and cups
- Plastic clips
- Pattern weights
- Marking tools that give accurate dots
- Tape Measure
- Rulers, straight 18″ x 2″
- Curved fashion
- Small seam gauge ruler
- Fine fusible interfacings, several weights
- Elastic if projects require it
- Zippers if projects require it
- Sewing machine
- Table, raised for cutting, lowered for sewing
- Good lighting
- Classic ironing board, over door or table top will do, needs one curved end
- Sewing machine needles: universal, jersey, microtex in size 80
- Independent pattern companies offer good options that do not require ordering from the big four.
- Choose companies that offer good resources for buyers like fitting information and tutorials and possibly provide content for newsletter or social media.
- Order patterns that work with the fabrics to be stocked. Start with simple designs that will assure sewing success.
- Brewer, Nifty Notions line
- Delaware Dry Goods
- Bernina, sewing machines and sergers
- Laura Star Irons, works for knitters too
- Oliso Irons, on the H and H show floor, small and reasonably priced
- Brewer, starter sewing machines and other reasonably priced equipment
- Carr Textiles, utility fabrics and pants fabric
- Sextet, knits
- Mood Wholesale
- Michaels Fabrics
- Elliott Berman, Ermani Group
- Artistic Artifacts, hand-made Indian fabrics only
- Diamond Textiles
- Robert Kauffman
- Art Gallery Fabrics
- SoHo Fabrics/Silk Safari
- Style Crest
- Speckler Vogel
- DG Expo, a place to meet vendors who sell in small lots
Hope this list proves helpful to you. Download it as a PDF here. Contact rae@fitforartpatterns if you have particular questions and carrie@fitforartpatterns if you want more information about becoming a retail partner.
© 2022 Tabula Rasa Patterns LLC