Access all the information you need to perfect your Carpe Diem Dress or Tunic on this page. Find links to documents referred to in our pattern instructions, sewing techniques, and more. Video demonstrations of fitting and pattern adjustments specifically for the Carpe Diem pattern will be available soon. Thanks for your patience!
- Common Fitting Adjustments for the Carpe Diem Dress & Tunic helps you identify and solve many of the fitting issues for the dress and tunic.
- View Rae’s step-by-step video tutorials of several of the most common fitting adjustments for the Carpe Diem Dress & Tunic, including: an introduction to pattern work, making a rounded back adjustment, moving smoothly between sizes, and choosing between fronts.
- Choosing an Interfacing is your guide to choosing the right interfacing for your dress or tunic. Order an interfacing sampler or interfacing by the yard to have our favorite types on hand.
- Seam Finishes (PDF) provides written directions on how to finish seams for an unlined dress or tunic.
- Rae’s Hand Hemming Stitch (PDF) provides illustrated instructions for Rae’s favorite hand hemming stitch.
- Guide to Zipper Application provides directions for invisible zipper insertion and read our step-by-step photo guide to installing an invisible zipper.
- Interested in underlining your dress or tunic for opacity or better hang? Read Rae’s blog post with tips and tricks for underlining pants.
- Sarah’s Tips for Sewing, Tapering and Pressing a Dart (PDF) offers instructions for making smooth and beautiful darts.
- Sewing Resources offers our recommendations for books and other publications to help you improve your sewing or to find answers to other questions.