Access all the information you need to perfect your Tabula Rasa Jacket. On this page, you will find links to documents referred to in our pattern instructions, patternwork videos, sewing techniques, patterns for jacket embellishments and more.
- Common Fitting Adjustments for the Tabula Rasa Jacket (PDF) provides solution to fitting issues on the TRJ.
- Guidelines for two ways to make a Trimmer Fitting Tabula Rasa Jacket (PDF).
- Endless Possibilities (PDF) offers a line drawing of the jacket front and back for you to sketch and color as you plan your next Tabula Rasa Jacket.
- Mixing Fabrics in a Tabula Rasa Jacket (PDF) gives guidelines on how much fabric you need for each pattern piece if you are using multiple fabrics in one jacket.
- Choosing an Interfacing is your guide to choosing the right interfacing for your project.
- Seam Finishes (PDF) provides written directions on how to finish seams for an unlined jacket or for pants.
- Rae’s Hand Hemming Stitch (PDF) provides illustrated instructions for Rae’s favorite hand hemming stitch.
- Sarah’s Tips for Sewing, Tapering and Pressing a Dart (PDF) offers instructions for making smooth and beautiful darts.
- Sewing Resources offers our recommendations for books and other publications to help you improve your sewing or to find answers to other questions.
- Rain or Shine Variations lists resources for zippers and sewing performance textiles.
- Directions to Make a Tabula Rasa Vest with your Tabula Rasa Jacket and Swing Variation patterns.
- Our Glossary of Common Sewing Terms offers definitions you may need to know.
Video demonstrations of how to identify and make six of the most typical common fitting adjustments for the Tabula Rasa Jacket:
- Introduction to Pattern Work and Tools
- Increasing the Dart
- Decreasing the Dart
- Tilting the Dart
- Adjusting the Sleeve Cap
- Making a Petite Adjustment
- Making a Rounded Back Adjustment
Watch the videos of Rae’s appearances on Creative Living in which she talks about: