Access all the information you need to perfect your Tabula Rasa Jacket. On this page you will find links to several documents referred to in our pattern instructions, patternwork videos, sewing techniques, patterns for jacket embellishments, and more.
Click on the links to these helpful hints:
- Downloadable PDF with Common Fitting Adjustments for the Tabula Rasa Jacket to find the solution to fitting issues on the TRJ.
- Video demonstrations of how to identify and make 6 of the most typical common fitting adjustments for the Tabula Rasa Jacket including: Introduction to Pattern Work and Tools, Increasing the Dart, Decreasing the Dart, Tilting the Dart, Adjusting the Sleeve Cap, Making a Petite Adjustment, and Making a Rounded Back Adjustment.
- Guidelines for two ways to make a Trimmer Fitting Tabula Rasa Jacket.
- Endless Possibilities for a line drawing of the jacket front and back for you to sketch and color as you plan your next Tabula Rasa Jacket.
- Mixing Fabrics in a Tabula Rasa Jacket for guidelines on how much fabric you need for each pattern piece if you are using multiple fabrics in one jacket.
- Choosing an Interfacing for your guide to choosing the right interfacing for your project.
- Seam Finishes for written directions on how to finish seams for an unlined jacket or for pants.
- Rae’s Hand Hemming Stitch provides illustrated instructions to Rae’s favorite hand hemming stitch.
- Sarah’s Tips for Sewing, Tapering and Pressing a Dart with instructions for making smooth and beautiful darts.
- Sewing Resources for our recommendations for books and other publications to help you improve your sewing or to find answers to other questions.
- Resources specifically for Rain or Shine Variations, including sources for zippers and technical fabrics.
- Watch the videos of Rae’s appearances on Creative Living in which she talks about NEW Quilted Jacket Tips and Techniques, Four Seasons of Jackets from one pattern, her creative process, Seam Finishes, and NEW Zipper Choices and Applications.
Free Pattern Downloads!
- Want to add flowers to your latest Tabula Rasa creation? Try our Multi-Sized Flower Pattern as seen in Rae Cumbie’s article in the April/May issue of “Sew News Magazine”.
- Download our pattern to make your own Felted Wool Layered Flower Pin.
- Wrap It Up, directions and template for making an obi-style belt or an attached sash for a Tabula Rasa Jacket.
- Download our pattern to make your own Organza Rose Pin.
- Make yourself a cute Pintuck Pocket for your Tabula Rasa Jacket. You can also see photos of the pocket construction in this blog post, Pintuck Pocket for You.
Craft Daily Video lessons
Our very own Rae Cumbie is the featured teacher in a series of sewing videos produced by Craft Daily. Read more about Rae’s videos at these links: