- This event has passed.
Sew Successfully Summer Retreat
August 20, 2019 - August 24, 2019
Join us for 2 to 5 days of sewing and designing fun with fellow sewists at a summer’s end sewing retreat! Rae and Carrie are available all day long to provide individualized help to sew successfully on your choice of sewing projects. This may include assistance with:
• Fitting a Fit for Art pattern beginning from our fit samples or from the mock-up or garment you bring with you.
• Making pattern adjustments for fit.
• Modifying a Fit for Art jacket, knit or pants pattern for Variations or Details such as the new Glamour Details for pants or the Jean Jacket Variations
• Planning a coordinated travel or everyday wardrobe.
• Working with fabric in your stash, such as developing a mixed fiber garment.
• Planning and making a more complex wearable art garment.
• Trying a project featured in a Sew! Let’s Get Dressed blog post.
• Or whatever sewing project you are dreaming about!
Fee: $110 per day for 2 or 3 days, $100 per day for 4 or 5 days. Non-refundable deposit of $110 due with registration, balance due August 15, 2019. Choose your days, August 20 – 24, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
Fee includes lunch, beverages and a sewing table for each participant (which can be left set up day-to-day). We provide for use by all participants: cutting tables, ironing stations, pattern paper, pattern drafting tools, and the Tabula Rasa Jacket and Eureka! Pants that Fit fitting shells. Bring your own sewing machine, serger if desired, sewing and cutting tools, thread and fabric. We will also have Fit for Art’s patterns, tools, interfacing by the yard, and some fabrics available for purchase (such as solid knits and knit bundles, mock-up fabric for pants and jackets.)
Special Feature: Dive into Rae’s ample stash of sheer and drapey fabrics to create your own special occasion sheer Tabula Rasa Jacket. We’ll be there to assist with choosing fabrics and with techniques for sewing these challenging fabrics.
Print a description of the retreat and a Registration Form to mail in with a nonrefundable $110 deposit, or contact us to request a form by mail. Questions? Send us an email at email@example.com or call 410-377-0706 (Rae) or 410-207-6923 (Carrie). We have a limited number of spaces, so get your registration in early!
For out-of-town guests… we regret that we cannot offer a special hotel rate, but there are several hotel chains and a few independent hotels in the area to choose from which will appear in a search on your preferred platform. Our location is Woodbrook Baptist Church, 25 Stevenson Lane, Towson MD, 21212, near Towson University. (At least one option, the Sheraton Baltimore North, offers a complimentary shuttle service within a limited area.)