Sew Successfully Spring Retreat
April 14 - April 18
Join Rae and Carrie for expert guidance at this sewing retreat for beginner to advanced sewists. Let us inspire your creativity on a project of your choosing! Plus, you’ll enjoy the fun of working in a community of fellow sewists in a beautiful space. We will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily to provide individualized help toward success on your sewing projects. This may include assistance with:
- Fitting Fit for Art’s patterns, beginning from our fit samples or from the mock-up or garment you bring with you;
- Making pattern adjustments for fit;
- Modifying a Fit for Art jacket, knit or pants pattern for Variations or Details;
- Planning a coordinated travel or everyday wardrobe;
- Working with fabric in your stash, such as developing a mixed fiber garment;
- Planning and making a more complex wearable art garment;
- Trying a project featured in a Sew! Let’s Get Dressed blog post;
- Or whatever sewing project you are dreaming about!
The fee is $145 per day for 2 to 4 days and $135 per day for all 5 days. The fee includes complimentary parking, lunch, and ample snacks and beverages each day. Fit for Art will provide a sewing table for each participant (which can be left set up day-to-day) plus: cutting tables, ironing stations, pattern paper, pattern drafting tools, and the Tabula Rasa Jacket and Eureka! Pants that Fit fitting shells. Bring your own sewing machine, serger if desired, basic sewing and cutting tools, patterns, fabric, thread and notions for your projects. We will also have Fit for Art’s patterns, tools, mock-up and select fashion fabrics available for purchase.
Maritime Conference Center in Linthicum Maryland (right by the Baltimore Washington International Airport). This lovely facility is easily accessible from the airport, train, light rail or MARC. In fact, if you stay overnight at the MCC, they will provide free shuttle service to the BWI Airport or Amtrak station. Rooms are available at the rate of $159 per night for a single or $204 for a double, plus state and local taxes. Room rate includes both breakfast and dinner in the conference center dining room and access to recreational facilities on the grounds. You will be invited to make overnight reservations directly with MCC in the Fit for Art Patterns block of rooms.
We do not anticipate opening registration for this retreat until 2021, but please save the date on your calendar! Be sure you are subscribed to our weekly blog and intermittent newsletter to get announcements regarding Fit for Art Events. We welcome you to contact us with questions.