Design your own Workshop!
Fit for Art Patterns also offers classes, retreats and workshops featuring the Tabula Rasa Jacket, Eureka! Pants that Fit and their variations. Your sewing or creative arts group or a local fabric or quilt store may be interested in sponsoring a Fit for Art event. We can provide anything from a half-day trunk show and inspirational talk to a multi-day retreat tailored to your needs. We can bring more than one instructor to accommodate larger groups. Depending on length of the session, location, and your interests, a custom-designed class can include the following components.
Interactive Jacket Topics:
- Personal fittings using Tabula Rasa Jacket fitting shells
- Make fitting adjustments to the paper pattern
- Mock up the pattern
- Test fit by making a wearable mock-up
- Sketch design possibilities
- Choose fabrics and embellishments for artful versions of the pattern
- Plan the jacket’s engineering, including inner supports, lining, closures, and sewing techniques
- Practice seam finishes for unlined jackets
- Practice hem finishing techniques
- Make a quilted jacket technique sampler
Jacket Lecture/Demonstration/Trunk show:
- Four seasons of jackets from one pattern, the Tabula Rasa Jacket.
- Interfacings and underlinings – what’s inside really counts
- Quilted jacket success – finding the right materials and adapting quilt patterns
- Planning for handwoven jackets – tips for working with narrow and loosely woven fabrics
- Successful structures for collage or other surface design techniques
- Planning reversible jackets
- Comfort and ease of wear in jackets
- Ironing techniques and garment care
- Strategies for mixed fiber jackets
- Sew drapey tops and jackets
Interactive Pants Topics:
- Personal fittings using the Eureka! Pants that Fit fitting shells
- Make fitting adjustments to paper pattern
- Mock up the pattern for fitting success
- Discuss and choose among several waist finishes
- Refine the fit by making a wearable mock-up
- Licensing workshop for Eureka Pants Professionals
Pants Lecture/Demonstration/Trunk Show:
- Find your pants heaven – what waist finish and placement is best for you?
- Pants leg shapes and lengths – which works best for you and your favorite shoes?
- Pockets for fashionable and comfortable pants
- Fit to the Grid, an overview of fitting Eureka! Pants that Fit