Sew Successfully Retreat – Spring 2024
April 5, 2024 – April 7, 2024
Join Rae and Carrie for 3 days of dedicated sewing at this retreat for beginner to advanced sewists. Let us inspire your creativity on a project or help you perfect that fit while working in a community of fellow sewists in a beautiful space. We will be available from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily to provide expert guidance and individualized help toward success on your chosen sewing projects. This may include assistance with:
- Fitting Fit for Art’s patterns, beginning from our fit samples or from the mock-up or garment you bring with you;
- Making pattern adjustments for fit;
- Modifying a Fit for Art jacket, knit, or pants pattern for Variations or Details;
- Planning a coordinated travel or everyday wardrobe;
- Working with fabric in your stash, such as developing a mixed fiber garment;
- Planning and making a more complex wearable art garment;
- Trying a project featured in a Sew! Let’s Get Dressed blog post;
- Or whatever Fit for Art sewing project you are dreaming about!
The fee is $600 for the 3-day retreat. The fee includes complimentary parking, lunch, and ample snacks and beverages each day. Fit for Art will provide a sewing table for each participant (which can be left set up day-to-day) plus: cutting tables, ironing stations, pattern paper, pattern drafting tools, and the Tabula Rasa Jacket and Eureka! Pants that Fit fitting shells. Bring your own sewing machine, serger if desired, basic sewing and cutting tools, patterns, fabric, thread and notions for your projects. We will also have Fit for Art’s patterns, tools, interfacing, mock-up fabric, and select fashion fabrics available for purchase.
Maritime Conference Center in Linthicum Maryland (right by the Baltimore Washington International Airport). This lovely facility is easily accessible from the airport, train, light rail or MARC. Rooms will be available for approximately $165 per night for a single or $210 for a double, plus state and local taxes. Room rate includes both breakfast and dinner in the conference center dining room and access to recreational facilities on the grounds. Overnight reservation information will be provided soon.
We will follow the current CDC guidelines with respect to health and safety practices, if applicable, as well as the rules of the Conference Center. Please visit the Maritime website to review the facility’s most current COVID-related policies.
Register now! Participation will be limited to 12 students each day, so plan to register early. If the retreat is sold out and you would like to be placed on our wait list in case of cancellations, please contact us directly.
Questions? Please contact us!
Fit for Art Patterns