Are you new to garment sewing? In sewing, as in so many fields, having the right tools for the job makes the work easier and more successful. Whether you are already a quilter or crafter or entirely new to stitching, you need the tools used by garment sewers to create professional looking garments. This Essential Tool Kit for Garment Sewers contains high quality tools for cutting, measuring, marking, and constructing garments:
- Famore 8″ Pro Cut Micro Serrated Fabric Shears with comfort handle for clean cutting of all garment fabrics.
- Famore 4″ Mini-Applique Duckbill Scissors for grading seams cleanly and closely clipping threads.
- Stainless steel Thrifty Thread Clip for clipping threads at your machine or ironing station.
- Seam Ripper, for pulling out stitches – which even the most expert seamstresses must do with regularity.
- Clover Chaco Liner in white, removable chalk dust for marking darts, stitching lines, etc.
- Tailoring chalk pencil in red an alternative marking tool to the fine lines created by the Chaco Liner.
- Dritz extra fine Glass Head Pins (pack of 250 pins) for constructing and fitting garments without damage to fine fabrics.
- Classic Tomato Pincushion.
- 60″ Tape measure.
- Hand sewing needles – S. Thomas & Sons sharps #3-9 (20 needles in multiple sizes).
- Organza press cloth to protect the fabric, iron and board while pressing, especially fusible interfacings.
- 7″ metal Seam Gauge and Point Turner for measuring and marking hem depths, seam allowance, buttonholes, tucks and pleats. Use the point to gently push out corners on collars, lapels, cuffs, pockets and waistbands.
To complete your garment sewing tool kit, purchase our Pattern Drafting Kit for tracing, drafting and adjusting Fit for Art patterns. This kit includes a straight ruler with 1/8″ markings, a curved design ruler, roll of patternwork paper, sharpie and mechanical pencil. Save by purchasing both kits in a single order. Order today!