- This event has passed.
Sew! Let’s Get Dressed Retreat
August 21, 2018 - August 25, 2018
Join Rae Cumbie and Carrie Emerson of Fit for Art Patterns for a summer’s end sewing retreat.
Rae and Carrie will be available all day long to provide individualized help on your sewing projects. This may include assistance with:
• Fitting a Fit for Art pattern beginning from our fit samples or from the mock-up or garment you bring with you.
• Making pattern adjustments for fit.
• Modifying a Fit for Art jacket, knit or pants pattern for Variations or Details.
• Planning a coordinated travel or everyday wardrobe.
• Working with fabric in your stash, such as developing a mixed fiber garment.
• Planning and making a more complex wearable art garment.
• Trying a project featured in a Sew! Let’s Get Dressed blog post.
• Or whatever sewing project you are dreaming about!
Fee: $100 per day for 1 to 3 days, $95 per day for 4 to 5 days. Non-refundable deposit of $100 due with registration, balance due August 15, 2018.
Choose your days, August 21 – 25, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
Fee includes lunch, beverages and a sewing table for each participant (which can be left set up day-to-day). We will also provide for use by all participants: cutting tables, ironing stations, serger, coverstitch machine, pattern paper, pattern drafting tools, and the Tabula Rasa Jacket and Eureka! Pants that Fit fitting shells. Bring your own sewing machine, basic sewing and cutting tools, thread and fabric.
Each day will include a lunch time lecture or trunk show. NEW We have added plans to play with fabric painting and Japanese boro techniques for garments during the retreat. Read more about it in our July 24th blog post.
Print your registration form to mail in with $100 deposit, or contact us to request a form by mail. Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-377-0706 (Rae) or 410-207-6923 (Carrie). We have a limited number of spaces, so get your registration in early!
For out-of-town guests… we regret that we cannot offer a special hotel rate, but there are several hotel chains and few independent hotels in the area to choose from which will appear in a search on your preferred platform. Our location is Woodbrook Baptist Church, 25 Stevenson Lane, Towson MD, 21212, near Towson University. (At least one option, the Sheraton Baltimore North, offers a complimentary shuttle service within a limited area.)