Summer’s End Sew-In
August 23 - August 26
Join Rae Cumbie and Carrie Emerson of Fit for Art Patterns for a summer’s end sewing retreat.
Rae and Carrie will be available all day long to provide individualized help on your sewing projects. This may include assistance with:
• Fitting Fit for Art’s patterns beginning from our fit samples or from the mock-up or garment you bring with you.
• Making pattern adjustments for fit.
• Modifying a Fit for Art jacket, knit or pants pattern for Variations or Details.
• Planning a coordinated travel or everyday wardrobe.
• Working with fabric in your stash, such as developing a mixed fiber garment.
• Planning and making a more complex wearable art garment.
• Trying a project featured in a Sew! Let’s Get Dressed blog post.
• Or whatever sewing project you are dreaming about!
Fee $170 for 2 days, $250 for 3 days, or $330 for 4 days.
Fee includes lunch, snacks and beverages, and a sewing table for each participant (which can be left set up day-to-day). We will also provide for use by all participants: cutting tables, ironing stations, serger, coverstitch machine, pattern paper, pattern drafting tools, and the Tabula Rasa Jacket and Eureka! Pants that Fit fitting shells. Bring your own sewing machine, basic sewing and cutting tools, thread and fabric.
Each day will include a lunchtime lecture or trunk show.
Print your registration form to mail in with $50 deposit, or contact us to request a form by mail. Questions? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-377-0706 (Rae) or 410-207-6923 (Carrie).
August 23 – 26, 2016 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.