Sew! Let’s Get Dressed Retreat
March 23 - March 25$120 - $330
Join Rae and Carrie for this 3-day sewing retreat for beginner to advanced sewists. Let us inspire your creativity on a project of your choosing! We will be available from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m* to provide individualized help toward success on your sewing projects. This may include assistance with:
- Fitting Fit for Art’s patterns beginning from our fit samples or from the mock-up or garment you bring with you;
- Making pattern adjustments for fit;
- Modifying a Fit for Art jacket, knit or pants pattern for Variations or Details;
- Planning a coordinated travel or everyday wardrobe;
- Working with fabric in your stash, such as developing a mixed fiber garment;
- Planning and making a more complex wearable art garment;
- Trying a project featured in a Sew! Let’s Get Dressed blog post;
- Or whatever sewing project you are dreaming about!
Fee: $120 per day or $330 for all 3 days. Fee includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages each day. Fit for Art will provide a sewing table for each participant (which can be left set up day-to-day) plus: cutting tables, ironing stations, serger, pattern paper, pattern drafting tools, and the Tabula Rasa Jacket and Eureka! Pants that Fit fitting shells. Bring your own sewing machine, serger if desired, basic sewing and cutting tools, thread and fabric.
Location: Bon Secours Retreat Center in Marriottsville, MD (west of Baltimore off route 70), a modern well-lit facility on beautiful grounds. Single guestrooms with private bath, linen and towel service are available at the Retreat Center for an additional $113 per night, which includes the dinner meal. Spaces are limited, so get your reservation in early!
Mail in registration form with $120.00 non-refundable deposit to secure your space. Final payment due by February 14, 2018. Please contact us at 410-207-6923 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to request a registration form by mail.
* Rae and Carrie will be available from 9 to 5, but you are welcome to stay and work as late as you’d like!