Eureka! Pants that Fit Workshop
March 21, 2018 - March 22, 2018$220
Have you been looking for an opportunity to create or refine your go-to pants pattern? Please join us for this 2-day pant workshop suitable for sewists just beginning their pant journey as well sewists seeking to refine and expand their pant wardrobe. Rae and Carrie will be available from 9:00 to 5:00* to provide individualized help on fitting and pattern work for Eureka! Pants that Fit. This may include assistance with:
- Fitting the Eureka! Pants pattern beginning from our fit samples or from a mock-up you bring with you;
- Making pattern adjustments for fit;
- Creating patterns for waistband or facing finish;
- Modifying your basic pattern’s design elements, such as shaping the leg;
- Doing the pattern work to create a Trouser or Sporty Details version of your pattern;
- Fitting mock-ups or pants from your modified pattern.
Fee for 2-day workshop is $220 and includes breakfast, lunch, snacks and beverages each day. Fit for Art will provide a sewing table for each participant (which can be left set up day-to-day) plus: cutting tables, ironing stations, serger, pattern paper, pattern drafting tools, and the Eureka! Pants that Fit fitting shells. Bring your own sewing machine, serger if desired, basic sewing and cutting tools, thread and fabric.
Location: Bon Secours Retreat Center in Marriottsville, MD (west of Baltimore off route 70), a modern well-lit facility on beautiful grounds. Single guestrooms with private bath, linen and towel service are available at the Retreat Center for an additional $113 per night, which includes the dinner meal. Spaces are limited, so get your reservation in early!
Mail in registration form with $120.00 non-refundable deposit to secure your space. Final payment due by February 14, 2018. Please contact us at 410-207-6923 or email@example.com with questions or to request a registration form by mail.
*Rae and Carrie will be available from 9:00 to 5:00, but you may stay and work as late as you’d like!